The wine you serve is just as important as the Thanksgiving spread you prepare. With so many wine options out there, it can be a challenge to provide your dinner guests with the perfect wine pairing to complement the Thanksgiving meal.
Here are some simple tips on wine pairings to accommodate both the white and red wine drinkers at Thanksgiving.
• Chardonnay with turkey, mashed potatoes, squash and yams and creamy dishes
• Pinot Noir with turkey, mashed potatoes, vegetables and greens
• Rosés with turkey, vegetables and vegetarian dishes
• Zinfandel or Syrah with dark meat turkey, roasted potatoes, sausage dressing
• Riesling or Port for pumpkin pie, apple pie and pecan pie
For more tips and pairings visit http://www.makerstable.com/2012/11/thanksgiving-wine-pairing-recommendations.html
Here are a few extra tips to make your Thanksgiving dinner less stressful:
• Buy early and store your bottle safely
• Don’t under estimate how many bottles. Remember, you can always drink unopened bottles at a later time
• Avoid corked wine by either having spare available or grab a bottle with a ZORK® on it!
• Make sure you have all necessary supplies including a decanter and enough glasses. And ditch the cork screw for a ZORK®
Take the hassle out of serving with the ZORK® Peek and Reseal Closure and leave the corkscrew at home.